Promotion and marketing are an essential part of the music business; it can be the difference between a successful record and “just another track in a music store”.
Caffeine simplifies the process of organizing, planning and sending your promotional campaigns at an affordable price. You can customize our elegant promo page and email template to match the color and branding you desire, add a logo for a unique feel and if you wish to, upload a custom header to each campaign to give it its own identity. Now you can present your music to your DJ, radio station, blog and magazine contacts in a way that fairly represents your brand and the value of your songs.
Creating your releases is a piece of cake, simply upload your music through a dedicated ftp that connects to your account or through your browser, select the genre that best describes the style of the music, upload your artwork and enter a short (or long) description
‘Being an A&R is fun they said. Listening to hundreds of new songs every week will be fun they said’
In theory, receiving and listening to hundreds of demos each week sounds like an exciting and intriguing challenge. In reality, it is a very challenging and unpleasant process. Have you received a demo with no file tags, making impossible to track it back to an email? A corrupted attachment? An unfinished soundcloud clip? Or perhaps a message in your personal facebook? As label owners, we have all been there and complained about that.
Let us help you get organized!
With Caffeine’s Demo Management system, each of your labels can be assigned both a URL (e.g. http://yourlabelname.label-engine.com) and an email address (e.g. email@example.com). The URL allows artists to upload or provide links to demos of up to 5 tracks, as well as add extra information about themselves, on a fully customizable demo page. Any emails sent to the email address are automatically parsed by Caffeine’s and all important files and information are extracted.
Your demos page will show you all incoming demos – any uploaded or attached mp3s are playable, soundcloud or zippyshare links are provided through an embeded player, and links are provided to any external files.
Don’t have the time to reply to each demo individually? Create auto-reply messages that can be used for any case, whether you wish to sign a demo or encourage artists with potential to stay in touch. In the rare case you don’t wish to deal with a specific artist or they keep sending you demos that don’t fit your label, block them, life is too short to waste any precious time.
Demos can be organized into folders to keep track of those that are selected, rejected or those that need further decision. Demos can easily be added into your repository with all artist information attached for further reference.
Let Caffeine Music Distribution help you find the next big hit, don’t ignore your demos anymore!
- Customizable promo page and email template for each of your labels – add your label logo and colors
- Recipients have access to our fully featured promo system allowing easy access to your label’s promos with a useful search and a choice of delivery options and download methods
- Send unlimited promo emails to DJs/Tastemakers/Radio Stations/Blogs with no download limits or bandwidth restrictions
- Send your promos instantly or at a specified time – set a date for reminders to be sent or give recipients a unique link via social media
- Create previews of tracks so recipients can skip intros and outros
- Attach press packages, videos or additional artwork
- Include existing recipient feedback for a release in future campaigns
- Easily manage your contact lists and import them directly from Outlook
- Enter recipient social media profiles to get updated stats daily
- Choose to receive email notifications once a recipient has left feedback, or view an overview of activity with our promotion dashboard
- Get all the information you need to analyze your campaigns with detailed graphs and analytics
- Share live feedback with artists using a secure URL
- Download detailed PDF reports including all statistics, quotes and feedback to share with your artists or press
- Follow to Download – build up your social media presence be allowing free downloads of your tracks to those who sign in with Twitter, Soundcloud or Spotify. Viewers of your customizable page will automatically follow up to 5 specified accounts before being given download access. Link your Soundcloud account to allow viewers to automatically like and repost tracks
- Share your music directly from your Caffeine account to YouTube – videos can be made automatically using your release artwork
- Share password protected files with peers and friends
- Topple Track – Protect your tracks from illegal downloads at reduced prices with our integrated system
- 1001 Tracklists – Keep an eye on which DJs are playing your tracks with feed integration and alerts from 1001Tracklists.com
Demo Management Features
Customizable demo submission page for each of your labels – add your label logo and colors
Option to embed your demo page within your own website
Demos sent to your unique email address are automatically parsed for demos, all other emails are forwarded to you
Waveform images or Soundcloud players are shown for every demo
Choose to receive email alerts each time a demo is uploaded
View social media stats for submitting artists – add favorite artists to your watch list to prioritize their demos
Ability to block artists based on email or IP address
Create automated replies and send responses to artists with a single click
Sort demos into folders and add comments to manage them effectively
- Upload royalty statements from any store or distributor in txt, csv or excel format, in any currency
- Create and save your own templates to process statements in seconds – set up pre-allocations or approve matches based on past actions
- Assign royalties to clients based on individual contracts or keep an ongoing balance.
- Separate royalties by store, country or by media type (streaming / download / ad-revenue etc.)
- Handle YouTube Ad-Revenue statements and correlate with asset files – link videos to releases, display video and channel data
- Record label sales and expenses
- Pay artists advances and fees
- Send professional and detailed statements to your clients – receive alerts once invoices have been submitted and pay them instantly using our Paypal integration
- Record licensing agreements and use them to allocate royalties – get alerts when reports are received from other labels
- Brand emails, reports and invoices with your own logo
- Send invoices and request payments
- Monitor your label’s finances with detailed graphs and analytics – monitor trends and artist performance over time by genre, country or release